Sunday, September 27, 2009

This is Funny Camp


While homeschooling my almost 6-year-old, she requested her favorite set of flash cards: the U.S. Presidents. I thought they might be too hard for her but she took to them quickly.


I showed her a card of our 18th president, Ulysses Simpson Grant. She said, "Ulysses Simpson Graham Cracker."


Then came our 19th president, Rutherford Birchard Hayes. She called him, "Rutherford Birchard 'Horses Eat Hayes'."


Next up, the 20th president James Abram Garfield. She said, "James Abram Barf-field."


I asked her why the twist on names? She said, "This is Funny Camp. I learn to tell jokes." I said that's nice but sometimes we have to take our learning seriously.


So we went along with our serious faces learning the names of the presidents. Then I showed her Warren G. Harding.


Always closing, she said, "Warren G. Farting."


No comments:

Post a Comment