Thursday, September 24, 2009

Not Your Usual To-Do Lists


Thanks to listography, I now have purpose in my visits to Barnes & Noble. I order a grande mocha Frappucino (though it should be a tall but the darn barrista always convinces me to go grande). Then I sit and fill out my list journal with the built-in elastic band.


I don't know what it is about those elastic bands but I can't resist them. There's something so complete about closing up a journal with a colorful ribbon like I've accomplished something be it ever so small.


I also don't roam the Self-Improvement section looking for the next best-book-that-feeds-on-my-inferiority-complex anymore. I might book snack but I never finish. I prefer either a) picture books because I know I'll read them to my children or b) notebooks with elastic ribbons because they get used.


But I digress. Here's my current list of faves: List Your Favorite Things to Do in Your Free Time


Make lists at Barnes & Noble.


Listen in on cell conversations (because they're impossible to avoid).


Take water aerobics because I never get a lane at the gym to swim laps.


Choose pics from Flickr for my blogs. One night I skimmed for pics and found a wonderful story about a dog that ate 2 pounds of chocolate and almost died. Miraculously she recovered. She looks like my dog and bears the same name as my daughter so that drew me in. And I thought the site was just for downloading free pictures.


Teach a child something new. I taught a group of kindergarteners the 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 song from Sesame Street. Or was it The Electric Company? That's the way I learned my numbers when I was their age.


AND I showed a 4th grader how to write a haiku. Her assignment was to write a poem about Autumn. To be honest, the haiku is the shortest way to write a poem. But NOT the easiest because you have the least amount of words to convey your feelings.


E-mail Shepard Smith @ studiob@foxnews.com. My latest: One thing I learned about foreign leaders who hate America: they SUPER UGLY.


Finally, I read fantastic blogs such as:














Because I learned if you wanna be a good blogger, you gotta read great blogs.

1 comment:

  1. Hey hey, awesome Terri is listed in the Shep google alert, LOL. Listography is addictive. A friend introduced that to me... maybe last month and I had to back away. But now I'm compelled to go back, darn it.
    I love Barnes & Noble!! It's one of my best friend and I's hangouts. She'll take me around giving me summeries of all of these books she has read as I grade the book cover designs. And then we hang out at the coffee and get dirty looks from people overhearing our conversations, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete