Saturday, August 8, 2009

This is Why I'm So Dang Happy


Behold, before your eyes I present to you the meaning of happiness:

My husband gets an e-mail from someone at work who scored front row center seats to a Jonas Brothers concert. His co-worker said anyone who wants them, they can have them for free. He asks my 9-year-old daughter if she wants to go.

Her response?


Wait for it.



Wait for it some more.



Are you ready?



Her response:



NO!


Yes, my friends, the definition of happiness is watching your daughter turn down an opportunity her friends would die for. Why? BECAUSE SHE HAS NO FRIGGIN' IDEA WHO THE JONAS BROTHERS ARE!

Why? Because the music she listens to is good, like the Beatles, Beach Boys, Bon Jovi and...okay...a little "Barbie Girl" thrown in there for good measure.

Hey, happiness doesn't mean perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment