Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Why I Don't CyberStalk

Lunch 2.0 Happy Hour at FacebookImage by Laughing Squid via Flickr

In a world of the interwebs where anyone can contact anyone instantly, be it a friend from grade school or a celeb you adored in the 80s when you wore matching neon socks and sweaters, one has to wonder when do you draw the line between e-mail frenzy and cyberstalking?

There has to be a light that goes off that says, "Danger, Will Robinson, that person on the internet who IMs you every time you're on Facebook needs a hobby!"

Unfortunately, that light switch never seems to waver from the OFF position.

For me, I don't have time to cyberstalk. One of my Facebook buddies from high school, Eric Hoegsted, put it best:

"I work 24/7 so I'd have to be like okay, I can stalk you in 6 weeks at 2
o'clock but only for 18 minutes because I have to make my delivery on time or
I'll be late."


I'm getting off this computer right now. As soon as I check my e-mail because AOL just pinged me.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment