Friday, October 2, 2009

Stay-At-Home Mom Schoolin'


I've been a mom for almost 11 years. I count pregnancy because the moment I found out, I thought of nothing else.


If you Google the word "saint" my mom's picture pops up. My only regret: waiting until becoming a mother before I appreciated mine. This is what I learned since having kids. I call it my Stay-At-Home Mom Schoolin':


*You woe the day your daughter finds something wrong with her looks. Just when you, as a woman, stop obsessing about your appearance, she starts. Holly wishes to be as cute as her little sister. I said if she was any more cute she'd combust from spontaneous cuteness.


*The less words you use, the more they listen.


*They stop whatever they are doing, no matter what, to watch the Simpsons with you even if they don't understand all the jokes. Then you have to turn it off when Bart says, "Go to hell!" or "You suck!" Because they sure as hell don't hear that language from me. That would seriously suck.


*If your child is born with birth defects you never stop blaming yourself even if they're not your fault.


*Because of these defects, if they have a crappy first year of life, you spend a lifetime making it up.


*Never speak figuratively to a child. Like if you say, "I'm in so much pain I'm gonna die," they think you will.


*Any joke, bad or good, about any bodily function is HILARIOUS. And they laugh for hours.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment